Bluecoat Display Centre (Bdc) is an independent charitable organisation, which aims to promote contemporary applied arts both nationally and internationally, to support the craft infrastructure through: extending audiences for contemporary craft and working with leading North West practitioners; enhancing lives through education, participation and learning; and improving the health and wellbeing of the communities of Liverpool and beyond.
– Bdc aims to promote excellence in design and workmanship within the contemporary applied arts both nationally and internationally.
– We aim to increase the public’s awareness and appreciation of the work of leading and emerging artists through exhibition, education, display and sale, and consequently to support the contemporary craft infrastructure.
– Bdc works closely with local universities, particularly Liverpool Hope University’s Department of Fine and Applied Arts, to support students leaving university and keeping them in the city by offering them a retail outlet for their work and some professional development advice sessions.
– We offer an internship programme for students and recent graduates to gain experience working in the gallery and craft sector, and also employing them on a casual basis.
– Bdc aims to maintain its national and international reputation for contemporary craft, and to continue to provide stimulating exhibitions of local, national and international artists, to provide a unique visitor attraction.
Bluecoat Display Centre welcomes enquiries from organisations regarding charitable giving who empathise with our aims, and has many sponsorship opportunities connected to the exhibition and workshop programme.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
We understand the role we can play to effect change in widespread inequalities, and recognise our responsibility to do so wherever we can. We will work to build more trusting relationships with makers and audiences who may currently regard our venue as a place in which they don’t feel comfortable.
The Bdc Director is a member of the Craft UK Anti-racism working group who are working collectively towards a call to action for the craft sector to commit to and follow.
Registered Charity No. 1136680
Bluecoat Display Centre LTD, company limited by guarantee, No. 03175344
Bluecoat Display Centre (Trading) LTD is a non profit distributing company whose profits support Bluecoat Display Centre’s charitable work. Company limited by guarantee, No. 07288287